How we can help you
Our consumer advisors can:
- Provide practical and impartial advice on how to resolve your consumer problem
- Inform you of the consumer laws which may apply to your situation
- Pass relevant information onto Trading Standards for further investigation (this cannot be carried out by yourself)
However, our advisors cannot:
- Make a complaint on your behalf
- Carry out any legal action on your behalf
Before contacting us
Before you contact our advisors, please have both a pen and paper ready as we will provide details on how to proceed with your complaint.
In order to help the advisor provide you with the most relevant advice, please obtain as much of the following information as you can:
- Brief details of your problem, e.g. where you purchased the goods or service, how much you paid, the method of payment, whether the payment was made in store or online
- The seller’s or traders name and address
- Any steps you’ve taken to resolve the issue
- Your reference number (if you’ve already contacted our advisors about the issue)
Protecting your privacy
We care about protecting your personal information and won’t share anything without your informed consent.
With your permission, we will only share information with the Financial Conduct Authority, Competitions and Markets Authority, local Trading Standards offices and Trading Standards Scotland.